More support for families living with drug addiction

A mother's natural instinct is to protect her children. To fix their problems and support them throughout a storm. But I can't fix my son's problem's because I am powerless to mend them. My son is a heroin addict and I have had to let him go. I have handed him over to a greater power because I cannot anymore ride the storm with him. I have visited him in prison, made sure he wanted for nothing, and spent thousands of pounds of my life savings for him to attend rehabs. Nothing worked. His beautiful little 3 year old daughter wasn't even enough for him to straighten himself out. When my house was raided by the Police, 4 times, I even stood by him. He is now back in prison and I won't be visiting this time around. I won't be taking any calls and I won't be writing to him. I have let him go simply because I cannot take anymore. I need some peace and quiet in my life now and since he has been back in prison, I feel relaxed and like a huge weight has been lifted from shoulders. My house has become my home again and is free of drug addicts pounding on the door in the early hours of the morning. 
I always maintained ties with my son when he went to prison but I am sorry, it did not work for me and I think families who have a loved one in prison with a serious drug addiction need more support. From a Mum.